Call Mr. Cool AC & Heating at 281-859-7937 right now if you want the top experts in Cypress, TX, to take care of your coil cleaning and repair needs.
Cleaning the Condenser Coils Is Vital
The dirt and dust that accumulates on your condenser coils make it more difficult for the refrigerant to release the heat it has gathered and to turn back into a liquid.
Suppose the refrigerant can’t dissipate its heat. In that case, it won’t cool down the inside air when it re-enters the evaporator coil.
Do It Yourself Tips
Cleaning the coils on your Cypress air conditioning system is a dirty and challenging task. However, some more daring homeowners may wish to undertake it themselves with the appropriate tools and products.
If this is something you’re interested in doing, here are some pointers on how to go about it.
Before you begin, note that the cleaning solution is quite acidic, so make sure to use gloves and safety glasses.
After that, do not touch your skin. Finally, when spraying the coils, use as little force as possible since this might damage them or cause unwanted splashback.
- Remove the power cable from the unit or turn off the power supply at the source.
- Remove the condenser unit’s outer panel.
- Using a garden hose nozzle, carefully hit the coils with water. Stop and allow the water to drain from the pan at frequent intervals to prevent overflowing.
- Sprinkle a coil cleaning solution over the filthy coils. We recommend using an alkaline-based foamer, which dissolves the dirt and grime well and lowers the coils’ surface.
- Allow 15 minutes for the solution to stand.
Rinse the coils one final time with your garden hose. Make sure to remove all of the cleaning solutions from the coils. Remember to take a break every so often to avoid overflow.
You should remove excess water and debris with a wet-dry vacuum if one is accessible.
Not everyone is equipped to clean the condenser coils on your air conditioning system. Most people would rather entrust a cleaning job like this to experts.
Mr. Cool AC & Heating’s air conditioning technicians will be delighted to clean your air conditioning system and help it return to optimal functioning condition.